EasyTerritory requires a Bing Maps license key for transactions such as, geocoding, routing and basemap tile data. There are two options for acquiring a Bing Maps key from Microsoft. One, is purchasing a key from your Microsoft large account reseller (LAR). The other option, for customers with low transaction volumes (less than 10,000/mth) is to get a free key from the Azure Marketplace. The following instructions are for obtaining the free key (Internal Website – Level 1). If you’re organization needs to purchase a key for larger transaction volumes, please contact your EasyTerritory sales rep for information on the recommended SKUs.
For more information on the Azure Marketplace offering, please visit: https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/bingmaps.mapapis?tab=PlansAndPrice
Steps to obtain a Bing Maps License Key for use in EasyTerritory:
- 1. Create a free Azure cloud account:
- 2. Provide the following information in order to sign up for your Azure account:
- – Phone number.
- Credit or debit card (Credit card information is used for identity verification. You won’t be charged unless you upgrade.)
- Microsoft Account username. Create a Microsoft Account (click “Create one!”)
- 3. Log in to your new Azure account portal and in the top right hand search bar type ‘Bing Maps’.
- 4. Click ‘Bing Maps API for Enterprise’
- When your ‘Bing Maps API for Enterprise’ blade opens click ‘Create’ at the bottom of the blade.
- Give your newly created resource a Name, and enter your Azure Subscription ID.
- Under ‘Resource Group’ click ‘Create new’ radio button and give your Resource Group a name and location.
- Under ‘Pricing Tier’ click ‘Internal Website Transaction Level One’ which is free and allows 10,000 transactions a month.
- 5. Obtain your Bing Key.
- Click ‘All settings’ then ‘Key Management’
- Copy the GUID under ‘MasterKey’.
- 6. Enter your new Bing Key.
- In your EasyTerritory site, paste the Bing Key in the admin section under settings where ‘Bing access key’ field is located.
- 7. Click ‘Save’
- on the top right hand corner of the settings panel.
If you have any further questions about this key and the plan that you are receiving from Microsoft, please email email@example.com or visit this site.